Fighting For Injury Victims From Experience
When you leave your house, whether you are going for a jog, taking a ride on your motorcycle, biking with friends or running errands in your car, you expect to get to and from your destination safely. You follow the traffic laws and count on your car and the environment to be free of hazards. No matter how cautious you are, accidents still happen.
At Tillman Law Office, we have firsthand experience dealing with the aftermath of an accident. Attorney Sean P. Tillman started practicing in personal injury after being involved in a very serious car accident himself several years ago. Now, Attorney Sean P. Tillman heads the personal injury practice at Tillman Law Office. He uses his personal experience, his knowledge of the law and a combination of old-school and modern techniques to advocate for injury victims.
What To Do After A Car Accident
If you have been injured due to the negligence of someone else, you have the right to seek compensation. Taking the right steps after an accident can make all the difference. When dealing with motor vehicle accidents, insurance companies often try to blame victims or offer lowball claims while trying to settle quickly. If you have been in an accident with a motor vehicle, whether you were walking or collided with a commercial truck, take these steps:
- Contact an attorney: It is crucial that you have the advice of an attorney right away. If you say the wrong thing to anyone — law enforcement, the other party, witnesses, insurance adjusters or paramedics — your words could be used against you and hurt your claim.
- Call the police: Call law enforcement so that officers can file a report documenting what happened.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t feel like you’ve suffered any real injuries, you should see a doctor. Some injuries aren’t noticeable right away.
- Document the scene: If you are able, take pictures of the vehicles, any injuries and the area. Get the names of witnesses, law enforcement officers, other drivers and their insurance companies.
- Keep a record: Keep notes regarding any communication with insurance companies, law enforcement and medical professionals. Catalog your bills and log how the injuries are impacting your daily life.
We want you to know your options. Even if you aren’t sure if you have a claim, we want you to contact us to see what you should do. Take advantage of your free case evaluation and then let us help you on how we think you should proceed. No pressure and no hassle from us. No fees paid unless we successfully settle your claim.
Comprehensive Personal Injury Services
Attorney Sean P. Tillman has dedicated his legal career to help injured individuals. At Tillman Law Office our experience, knowledge of the law and passion for assisting injury victims allow us to assist people injured in a variety of ways and under many circumstances. We offer comprehensive personal injury services covering:
- Car accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Foreign objects in food
Property owners, drivers and caretakers have a responsibility to be safe and follow the laws. When negligence and recklessness lead to injuries, we can help.
Advocacy You Can Depend On
If you or a loved one is injured due to the negligence or carelessness of someone else, don’t wait; contact us today. Call 502-694-5625 to set up a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer. We have two convenient locations here in Louisville, Kentucky. We proudly serve those injured and in need throughout Louisville.