Helping You With Debt Relief Options
If you are feeling overwhelmed by debt and concerned about the future of your family, business and livelihood, bankruptcy might be an option for you. For some people, debt gradually accumulates over time until it becomes unmanageable. For others, debt is a repercussion of a health crisis or due to loss of employment.
Whatever the reason or circumstances, the attorneys at Tillman Law Office can help. We understand the sometimes negative connotations that are tied to bankruptcy and want to reassure you that there is nothing to be ashamed of. Life is complicated and we want to help you get on the right path so that you can carry on with your future.
Finding The Best Solution
Our lawyers are equipped to assist you with filing for different types of bankruptcy. We will take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your distinct situation and advise you of your options.
Common forms of bankruptcy that we assist our clients with include:
- Chapter 7: This type of bankruptcy allows unsecured debts to be liquidated and discharged. To qualify, you must meet certain income requirements proving that you cannot pay back the debt owed.
- Chapter 13: This type of bankruptcy reorganizes debt and allows you to pay back a portion of the debt through a repayment plan.
- Chapter 11: This type of bankruptcy is tailored to business owners. Under this plan, debtors can restructure their debts and change business plans to stay open and try to make a profit.
With bankruptcy comes some relief. Depending on your situation and the type of bankruptcy you file for, you can potentially:
- Stop wage garnishment
- End creditor harassment calls, letters and suits
- Protect your home
- Recover your credit score
- Stop repossession
Work With An Experienced Attorney
If you need debt relief, contact our office today to speak with our bankruptcy attorney. Call 502-694-5625 to set up a consultation at one of our Louisville offices. We proudly assist individuals in need of debt relief throughout Jefferson, Oldham and Bullitt counties here in Kentucky.